Permanent Residence in Greece renewed every 5 years as the real estate property remains in the buyers ownership. therefore forever. Such a Visa is issued to the residence owner, their husband or wife, their biological parents and parents in law and the children up to 21 years old.
Application procedure for the Golden Visa
The Greek golden visa can be applied by non-EU citizens, who will invest at least 250,000 Euro in real estate located in Greece. The amount can be separated into several real properties. As Greece is a European Union (EU) member state since 1981, the Golden visa entitles the applicant to enjoy the status of EU res- ident. The Greek Golden Visa program is the cheapest way to become an EU resident compared to other southern Europe- an countries. It means that the applicant and his/her family will be entitled to travel visa free to EU and Schengen countries.
Benefits of the Golden Visa
- There is no need to reside in the country to finalise the procedure.
- It approximately take 40 days to 4 months from the date of the investment.
- Spouse and children up to 21 years can apply after the applicant.
- The applicant must have a medical insurance and a clear criminal record.
- There is no income tax on the income derived outside Greece.
- The residence permit is issued for 5 years and renewed for another five.
- Parents of the investor and his/her spouse are also eligible.
- The residence permit does not allow the investor to work.
- The Greek citizenship can be issued after 7 years.
Stages of preparation for the Golden Visa:
The investor discusses with JP & Partner’s consultants regarding different opportunities for investment in Greece. And with the help of our legal advisors, starts preparing the required documents for the application of the Golden Visa as well as signing a preliminary consultation agreement with JP & Partners. At this stage, we provide the client with all the necessary investment and legal advice and issue an invitation letter to ease the VISA process, for the first visit.
After viewing different opportunities, the client will come to the final decision regarding the most suitable investment opportunities. At this stage, the client signs a power of attorney with our legal team and authorise them to manage the process, or implies that the client would manage it if they’re able to be present at all times. Furthermore, we assist the client in the opening of a bank account and a Greek tax ID during their first visit.
At this stage the investor transfers the required amount to their greek bank account, and therefore our legal team proceeds with the process of purchase. The application for the Gold-en Visa can only be submitted when the purchase accounting to at least 250,000 Euros is fully settled.
4. Finalization & Obtaining Permit
Finally, the investor obtains a Greek Blue Certificate that allows him to travel to Greece for the period of Golden Visa Issuance that takes around 2 to 5 months from the application Date. During this time, the investor’s family members travel to Greece for the purpose of the application to the Golden Visa.
5. Required Documents
- Living Address Certificate
- Utility Bills
- Proof of Income (3 yrs)
- Proof of Employment
- Proof of Ownership of a Firm of Association
- Tax Number
- Bank Statement
- Passport Copies of all Pages including stamped and VISAs
- 4x2cm Pictures on a CD and in Print
Note: More documents might be required depending on the person.
Residence Permit in Europe
Temporary Residence Permit
Beside the Golden Visa Permanent Residency in Greece there are several ways to obtain Temporary Residence Permit in Lithuania, Poland, Greece, Hungary.
Residence Permits types
- Lithuania: Investor / Business Owner / Director
- Poland: Investor / Business Owner / Director
- Hungary: Investor / Business Owner / Director
- Greece: Director / FIP
A citizen of non-EU Member State can obtain residence permit, which allows foreigner to live in above countries all year long, depart and return to the country multiple times, as well as travel through all Schengen zone member countries visa free. Residency in Lithuania, Poland, Greece, Hungary usually is granted for one, two or three years initially depending on the country and next time renewed for two or three years.
Apply for Golden Visa
If you want more information or to apply for a Golden Visa do not hesitate to contact us.